- On 11th of July 2017, His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin …
- On 31 October 2017, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid …
- It has recently been reported that the Abu Dhabi government …
UAE Muslim Will with Letters of Consent
Muslim clients who wish to distribute their estate with testamentary disposition can attempt to do so by obtaining letters of consent signed by the natural and immediate Shariah heirs so that their assets are distributed as per their wishes. Please note that even if a natural Shariah heir signs a letter of consent, at the relevant time they cannot be stopped from revoking such letters and from insisting that Shariah law should be applied to the estate. A Shariah Court would accordingly respect the right of a Shariah heir to revoke such letters as it could be considered contrary to Shariah principals to deny the intended beneficiary the right to change his mind.
Note: There is currently no fee requirement for the registration and notarization of a Shariah compliant Will.
Please consider the above options before completing your Wills questionnaire
Requirements for this Type of Will:
- Testator must be a Muslim.
- Testator must be of at least 21 years of age
- Heirs must be willing to sign a Letter of consent regarding their inheritance.
Please find our contact details below: